Create@1 is Horizon Leeds’s newest space and was created at the request of our clients who wanted a room that could comfortably cater for 90 delegates in a cabaret set up. From educational seminars and keynote presentations, to exhibitions and product launches, Create@1 has seen it all and our clients have only praise for this great space. Here we throw a spotlight on Create@1 to look at why it is one of our best conference spaces!
- 150 capacity (Theatre Layout)
- 90 delegates in a cabaret set up
- Two 4K laser projections
- Integrated PA system
- Floor to Ceiling Windows
- Hard wired connection point
A little bit of history
During the creation of Horizon Leeds, a dividable space was included in the initial planning phase, however, it didn’t go ahead initially. Then, in 2017 we took the plunge and our new space offered extra flexibility, increased occupancy, and better availability. With the average event size for Leeds in the region of 60 to 80 delegates, we decided it was a wise decision to take this step.
After months of planning, countless meetings with builders and partition suppliers’ discussion soundproofing and decibels, and endless calls with Fired-up Technologies, our collaborating AV supplier, who ensured splitting the AV was a seamless process.
Create@1 was completed in November 2017 and since then the space has become a real asset to the venue. Comfortably seating 90 delegates in a cabaret layout and 150 in a theatre layout, it’s a fabulous conferencing suite for mid to large conferences and educational keynote presentations.
Keeping up with technology, what do we offer?
Audio visual mapping for Create@1 was a key phase of planning and ensuring the space was kitted out with all the latest technology topped our priorities list.
- Lectern point with integrated microphone, HDMI, and wireless connecting for seamless presenting, the perfect plug and play system.
- Dual projection with our 4K laser projectors provides an excellent visual experience for our delegates.
- Integrated PA system providing seamless audio/video playback and perfect levels for those utilising microphones
Hybrid events have now become a staple in the venue and work with have done to the AV rack within our comms room means that we are set up ready for the technology that comes with hosting hybrid events. This means that we can minimise the equipment needed which saves our clients’ money. For both Create@1 and Create@2 handhelds, lapels, table tops and an integrated gooseneck lectern mic are readily available and for those fancying interactivity and discussion, the catch box, which is a throwable mic, is an extraordinary, fun addition. It’s high tech but easily managed as everything can be programmed and accessed by a simple touch screen panel giving organisers full control over the event.
We can also provide HDMI cables, as well as a range of adaptors for tablets and Apple macs. We have included our Kramer wireless presenting technology, which offers another way to present from anywhere in the room. All you need to do is input a unique code on any web browser from your laptop, phone, or tablet and away you go.
So how can Create@1 be used?
Having Create@1 adds so much more flexibility to our venue. It’s a multi-functional space that packs a punch from its state-of-the-art integrated technology to the floor to ceiling windows that lets natural daylight flow throughout.
- Seminar space: perfectly seats 150 people in theatre-style with a small stage set. Coupled with our 2 laser projectors and integrated PA, it’s a great space for educational talks, business updates and keynote plenary sessions.
- As a large conferencing space, we can comfortably accommodate 90 delegates in a cabaret setting, ideal for presenting and discussions.
- As a tabletop exhibition area, Creates@1 has the space for 20 tabletop exhibition stands all giving exhibitors freedom to showcase products. Clients can utilise the two large projectors by showing headline sponsor information and logos, speaker biographies, videos and imagery and our personal favourite, social media walls. The retractable wall can also be partly kept open so clients can use Create@1 as an exhibition space and Create@2 for the conference plenary.
- As a product launch space, thinking outside the box on how to showcase a new product is something we love. Using AR technology is a great way to get guests talking and use an interactive platform to show off your new products. Our dedicated team are available to help you get set up.
Don’t just take our word for it
“When our own meeting room spaces have been at capacity, [we have] utilised the facilities at Horizon Leeds for a variety of different meetings in recent years. Be our requirements large or small, the service provided by the team at Horizon Leeds is always great, with the day delegate rates – that include all food and drink – particular good. When having to source meeting rooms away from our own offices, it’s pleasing to be able to support a ‘not for profit’ organisation too.” – JN Bentley Ltd.
Horizon is not just a venue for hire, it’s a space where you can utilise the team’s vast event knowledge and expertise to get the best out of your events and reach your objectives. Whether that’s seamless operational support or more interactive guidance on the best tools to use we are always happy to help. Horizon Leeds is part of the NHS Confederation, any profits made are reinvested into the NHS Confederation to support our NHS members to improve care for patients and the public.
If you are looking for an adaptable event space with award winning AV, then speak to our friendly team, get in touch on 0113 225 3190 or email [email protected]